- Appointments are generally 30 minutes long, but second opinion appointments and bird feather picking examinations can take up to 45 minutes. We may also need extra time for diagnostics, including x-rays or blood draws. Please plan accordingly.
- If you are unable to stay for your pet’s check-up, we will be happy to hold your pet for a short time until you are able to pick him/her back up. Please let us know in advance if you will need this service. If you are new to the Center, we prefer that you stay for your initial visit, rather than dropping your pet off, so that we have time to get to know both you and your pet.
- Please try to come to your visit a few minutes early, so that all preliminary paperwork can be completed before your visit, without taking away your pet’s exam time.
- If your veterinarian is referring you to our hospital, please ask him/her to complete a preliminary referral form (downloadable directly from our website) and to fax or email it to us in advance of your appointment, or to give it to you to bring to your appointment.
- Also, please bring a fresh stool sample from your pet, ideally one that has been passed the same day. Keep it in an airtight plastic container or jar.
- All pets should be brought in in an appropriate enclosed container to ensure their safety.
- Have more questions? Check out our What to Expect At Your First Visit page for some FAQs.