Our Veterinarians in the Mt. Kisco Area Care for Your Pets
Dr. Laurie Hess and her team of veterinarians in the Mt. Kisco area all have one thing in common: they love working with birds and exotic species. Because of that love, they work exclusively to provide medical care to the various birds and hedgehogs of the Mt. Kisco area. They also choose to work with these creatures because the typical veterinarian doesn’t get a lot of training in this area at school.
As an owner of a bird or exotic pet, likely you have the same issue finding a good veterinary office for them. Walking into the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics, you will have found one. It’s designed for our veterinarians in the Mt. Kisco area to provide the care various exotic pets and birds need. Dr. Hess has over 20 years of experience caring for your feathered friends. All you have to do is come in and let the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics handle the rest.
Our Veterinary Services
Our veterinarians in the Mt. Kisco area provide the following services for all pets:
- Preventive care and check-ups, including vaccinations and environment discussions
- An emphasis on geriatric care for our older birds and exotic pets
- Diagnostic testing in the form of blood tests, stool analysis for parasites, digital x-rays, ultrasounds and more
- Bird & exotic pet surgery and hospitalization
- Pet dentistry, including cleaning and trimming teeth with tools specifically meant for exotic pets
- Exotic pet laser therapy to help with pain management and healing
- Nutrition and behavior counseling
- Deslorelin implants for ferrets and birds
- Bird & exotic animal grooming, including wing, nail, and beak trimming
- Travel-related services, including microchipping and travel certificates if you’re travelling internationally with your pet
The Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics also has boarding available for all birds and exotic pets, as well as daycare specifically for birds.
If you want your exotic pet to come to the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics, contact us at 914-864-1414 for an appointment.