Our Veterinary Hospital near Mt Kisco is for Birds & Exotics
You won’t find any dogs and cats at the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics. Our veterinary hospital near Mt Kisco was designed to specifically provide care and treatment for birds and exotic pets. These range from rats, mice, and gerbils to wallabies, kinkajous, fennec foxes, opossums, hedgehogs, reptiles, sugar gliders, and so much more.
Our veterinary hospital near Mt Kisco provides comprehensive, up-to-date care for these special creatures with a variety of services. We have all the workings of a larger hospital right in a small and personal setting. Outside of routine care, the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics even does emergency consultations by phone every day of the year to help fellow birds and exotic pets. If you’re near Mt Kisco and own one of these special pets, bring them by to see us soon.
Our Veterinary Services
Our veterinary hospital near Mt Kisco provides the following services for all pets. These include, but are not limited to:
- Preventive care and check-ups, which includes receiving vaccinations and talking about cage setup and environmental requirements, such as temperature, light, or heat, plus much more
- Geriatric care for your older birds and exotic pets, which includes physical exams and possibly diagnostic testing for various illnesses
- Diagnostic testing where we do blood tests, stool analysis, and more in our laboratory, digital x-rays, ultrasounds, endoscopy, echocardiography, and electrocardiography
- Bird & exotic pet surgery, where we provide procedures such as common spays and neuters, and complex endoscopy, radiosurgery, and orthopedic procedures
- Full hospitalization, where your birds and exotic pets will stay in cages that provide oxygen, heat, IV fluids, and medicine to them if needed
- Pet dentistry, where we clean and trim teeth with tools specifically meant for exotic pets
- Exotic pet laser therapy, which helps with pain management and healing from inflammations and joint pain
- Nutrition and behavior counseling
- Deslorelin implants, which help treat adrenal gland disease in ferrets, controls sexually-motivated feather picking in birds, and keeps them from laying eggs
- Bird & exotic animal grooming, including wing, nail, and beak trimming
If you want your exotic pet to come to the Veterinary Center for Birds & Exotics, contact us at 914-864-1414.